We all have been watching the developments of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). The school district is actively monitoring and consulting with the Center for Disease Control, the Governor’s Office, the Connecticut Department of Public Health, the State Department of Education, and town officials.
The message from these agencies at this time is that we must continue to be diligent in maintaining preventative measures.
The school system is actively following preventative guidelines, including:
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of schools (during the evenings and on the weekends)
- Classroom disinfectant wipes are available and used to clean surfaces
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are in each classroom for frequent use by students and staff
- Encouraging staff and students who have a fever or flu-like symptoms to remain at home
- Reinforcing with students (especially younger ones) how to be proactive in preventing the spread of germs (frequent hand washing, coughing into a tissue, etc.)
- The district leadership team is reviewing and refining action plans for continuity of educational programming and business operations.
We will continue to work with the various agencies, healthcare providers, and community members to ensure we remain diligent and prepared.
Below are links to various resources to help keep you better informed.