I am sure you are all aware of the terrible flu season the country is experiencing. Somers, to date, has had a relatively low number of students with the flu, but I expect that will grow as we head into the height of the season. We currently have plans in place in the schools to help prevent the spread of the flu.
- Every evening, the custodial staff sanitizes “common touch surface”.
- Starting this Saturday, we will be implementing a weekend school deep clean and sanitizing schedule. Custodians will come in on Saturdays and conduct a more thorough sanitizing of all classrooms. This schedule will continue through March.
- Each classroom (and other areas of the schools) will be issued hand sanitizer for staff and students to use.
- Each classroom will be issued sanitizing wipes for staff and students to use on hands, desks, keyboards, and other surfaces.
- Staff has been made aware of hygiene protocols to mitigate germ transmission and will be reinforcing this with students frequently.