Somers Public Schools is committed to efficient and responsible communications with parents and the community. We will be replacing our current Remind text message system with SchoolMessenger to help us meet our communication goals. SchoolMessenger is a robust system that is designed to use phone, email, text messages, social media and mobile apps. It will allow us to provide timely communication to parents and staff members on matters such as snow days, early dismissals, and school or district emergencies. General notifications will also be sent regarding school activities, student attendance, and lunch balances. The district will use the contact information on file to send messages to you.
We will be rolling out the many features of this new system as follows:
- January 8 - initial notification to parents (this post). District level messages via SchoolMessenger will begin (email only).
- January 16 - a text message will be sent in order to “opt-in” for future text messages from SchoolMessenger.
- January 22 - Schools will implement SchoolMessenger (text and email functions). District level messages will also be sent via text and email. Remind text messaging system will no longer be used.
- January 29 - School Messenger Portal will be introduced. The Portal is an optional component that allows you to control the ways in which you prefer to be contacted. More information will be sent before January 29.
- Future rollouts - integration with social media, attendance, and lunch balances.
As with any new system implementation, there may be some initial glitches as we uncover unanticipated problems. We apologize in advance and thank you for your understanding and patience.
We are confident that SchoolMessenger has great potential to enhance our communications with you.
Special thanks to the Somers Education Foundation for their generosity which facilitated this new system for Somers.
For technical and contact information please go to http://www.somers.k12.ct.us/district/technology/schoolmessenger.php